Re: OFA Standard?

From: terryg8 <trg_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/07/15

Michael Peck wrote:

> I work for a company that produces software that uses Oracle as the back
> end. Because of this, we are a VAR for 7.3 on Solaris and HP-UX.
>
> I'm working on the installer that we ship, and I want it to look at the
> Oracle that's installed before attempting to upgrade the binaries.
>
> A DBA told me that the way we structure Oracle is following a standard
> that Oracle came up with called OFA, which stands for (I think) Oracle
> Flexible Architecture. It was explained to me that this allows for
> having several instances running from the same oracle_base, and several
> versions of the binaries running those instances. The directory tree
> looks something like this:

.
.
.

Hmmm. OFA as far as I know stands for Optimal Flexible Architecture and has more to do with distributing io among disks to reduce contention. That being said, I may be wrong and in any case if you do find something
that verifies the db structure as you have it defined please pass it along
cause we could use it too.

Cheers,
Terry Received on Tue Jul 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT