pl/sql debuggers?

From: infowerk <infowerk_at_best.com>
Date: 1997/07/10

   hello there. I am searching for a good pl/sql debugger, what I mean by that is something that I can run my sql through against the database (oracle 7.3.2.3) and see exatcly what is being done, so I can review what could be causing a problem. I have a really large (hundreds of lines) sql program, and while it does run it gives me wrong information in the database. Because this sql program is so large i can not manage to go line by line on what its doing while running against the database so I need something that can show me (prefer GUI) what its doing while its running. I suppose you could call it a fancy explain plan, but i woul really like a "Debugger" of some sort if it exists. The script isn't failing by no means, it is just so large and does somethings to the database that I can not pinpoint where wrong information is inserted. I also go the oracl 8.0.3 enterprise manager for win95/nt. Can I use that against my older rev database to find out this kind of information, and "trace" what the sql is doing while its running against the database? Something to 'visualize' this monster....

 many thanks,

ps: I am really looking forward to any information, as this issue has caused me a good deal of sleep loss.   Received on Thu Jul 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT