Working with multi-row blocks in Forms 4.5

From: Michael Anderson <manders_at_access.mbnet.mb.ca>
Date: 1997/07/10

I have a form with a multi-record block. One of the fields of this block is a checkbox. For the blocke's underlying table the column's name is IS_CURRENT. One of the business rules regarding this table is up to one record can be current (ie checked on the form).

Using a trigger, can I look at each instance of the IS_CURRENT field on the form to determine if one is checked? Using a select against the table itself does not work because the user could have unchecked the checked record and not committed her changes.

Example Form:

BLOCK
  Key value Current
[KEY 1] [ ]
[KEY 2] [ ]
[KEY 3} [x]

END OF BLOCK When the user clicks on KEY 1's current checkbox I want a trigger to look at KEY 2's and KEY 3's current checkbox to determine if one of those values is checked.

I hope my question makes sence and I hope someone can help me. Thanks! Received on Thu Jul 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT