Re: Working with multi-row blocks in Forms 4.5

From: Pauli Salmu <psalmu_at_fi.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/07/18

Michael Anderson wrote:

> Using a trigger, can I look at each instance of the IS_CURRENT field
> on the form to determine if one is checked? Using a select against
> the table itself does not work because the user could have unchecked
> the checked record and not committed her changes.

You could loop through the records in the block but it would be easier to check byselecting from the database in Post-Forms-Commit trigger. In that phase the changes
are posted to the database but not committed, so you can test them and if you don't
like what you see you can show a message, raise error and the transaction is rolled back. Received on Fri Jul 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT