Re: Anyone put a VBX into Dev2000?

From: Alex Heney <HENEYA_at_ENTCF3.agw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/09

On Mon, 07 Jul 1997 09:35:58 -0700, Tim Witort <trwAT_at_ATmedicalert.DOTorg> wrote:

>Developer 2000 lacks a tabbed notebook control which is
>a big omission IMHO. But, it supposedly supports VBXs,
>so I thought I would just drop a VBX notebook control onto
>my forms and be on my merry way. No dice. I've tried
>4 or 5 different tabbed notebook VBXs and Developer 2000
>chokes on all of them - when I attempt to identify what
>control in the VBX I want to use, Dev2000 always fails
>to get a list of controls from the VBX. I've read that
>VBXs work very poorly with Dev2000, but this is ridiculous!
>Had anyone successfully used VBXs in Dev2000? What's
>the secret!?

VBX controls only work with the 16 bit version of forms 4.5. They work with this even running in a 32 bit (Windows NT or Windows 95) environment.

If you have the 32 bit version of forms, all the documentation and help suggests that you can use VBX controls, but this is simply not true. You get exactly the fault you have identified.

Forms version 5 will definitely have tab controls built in. I have seen the beta, and they are there.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Remove XSPAM from mail_id if replying via email.
Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.