How to mimic MS Access 'Auto-Increment' Column

From: Paul Kilmer <pkilmer_at_hersheys.com>
Date: 1997/06/13

It is my task to replace the MS Access tables used in a small Call Tracking application with Oracle tables. The app is currently all in Access, using some VB code to manage inserts, updates, deletes. There are _no_ insert/update queries defined.
  Most of this task is very straightforward. However, a key column of one of the MS Access tables is defined as 'Auto-Increment'. Since there are no 'insert' Access queries defined in which I could have implemented the use of an Oracle sequence, I'm a little unsure of how to make this change.
  As I'm not an Access VB whiz, I'd be interested to hear any opinions or suggestions as to how you'd proceed.

Regards,
Paul

Paul E. Kilmer
Hershey Foods Corporation