Oracle Objects (OLE), VC++, VB and stored procedures

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/06/13

Hi,

I'm considering using Oracle Objects (the OLE class stuff) to access our NT4 Oracle database from Win95 clients - and preferably all calls will be made to store procedures in the database.

We've had a quick play with a Beta version of OO, and all seems pretty well except for some incomplete functions.

I've a couple of questions:

  1. Does this sound a viable method of connection?
  2. Is the version of OO as found on the Oracle web-site for trial download a fully functioning/supported product?

Thanks,

Andy

Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request