Re: Using SQL*Net 2.3 with Oracle 7.2.2 and Listener 2.2.2

From: Karl M. Nordquist <karln_at_brightwood.com.stopspam>
Date: 1997/06/11

It has been my expirence that when running a SQL*Net client with a higher version than the server SQL*Net, there tends to be more problems.

It will work, but my opinion is since v2.3 has more options, it will be looking for more(even different) info in communicating with the server. Some errors that showed up with us were; 3113, 3114, 3123, and 3124. This was with a 2.3 client and 2.1 on the server.

On the other hand, we have noticed no problems using a smaller version client than server. In other words, you can use a 2.1 client with 2.3 on the server, and it works without problems.

I hate to say it, but it may be in your interest to upgrade your server to 7.3.x so that you would have the same client and server SQL*Net combination.

HTH Regards
//Karl

Please remove '.stopspam' from the end of my address if you want to reply directly.
Thanks.
Karl M. Nordquist		karln_at_brightwood.com
Application Development
Bright Wood Corporation         Madras, Oregon