Re: Dropping a column?

From: Ellen Russell <Ellen_Russell_at_dg.com>
Date: 1997/06/06

You can't just drop a column. What you need to do is create a copy of your table using create table xxx as select * from yyy. Where xxx is the name of the temporary table and yyy is the name of the table you want to change.  Run a script to re-create the table without the column you want to remove.  Insert into the re-created table the columns you are keeping from the remporary table. Then drop the temporary table.

--
Ellen_Russell_at_dg.com

John Duska <duska_at_srfs.pitt.edu> wrote in article
<33982628.73F78D85_at_srfs.pitt.edu>...