Re: Dropping a column?

From: Graham Miller <lgmiller_at_elmrd.u-net.com>
Date: 1997/06/09

Hello,
  It looks like a very useful tool.

  However, I didn't say dropping a column from table couldn't be automated. It is not trivial if you have a very large table. However, it is not too difficult, just tedious.

 The original question was: Was it possible to drop a column? Although, in a lot of circumstances various tools help, you cannot drop a column. Maybe, i should have added more details, Although a previous poster already had explained how to do it.

I think you should have posted your reply to the original poster.

Thanks for pointing out the tool to me.

graham (aka grumpy)

Klaus-Michael HATZINGER <Michael.Hatzinger_at_at.eeurope.ikea.com> wrote...

| Hi !
|
| You can do it automatically by using this:
|
| http://www.delphi.at/page_ge/datscope/datscope.htm
|
| br, Michael
|

| Graham Miller wrote:
| >
| > hello,
| > You are not going to like this.
| >
| > No. You cannot drop a column from a table. Aaargh!
| >
| > graham (aka grumpy).
| >
| > John Duska <duska_at_srfs.pitt.edu> wrote...
| >
| > | Is there some way to drop a column from a table? I know this sounds
| > | stupid, but I can't find the command anywhere.
| > | thanks
| > | John
| >
| > Graham Miller ...
| > Opinions expressed are mine, they are free, and worth exactly what they cost.
|
| --
| Ing. Klaus-Michael HATZINGER
| IKEA-Business Services
| VIENNA - AUSTRIA
Graham Miller ...
Opinions expressed are mine, they are free, and worth exactly what they cost. Received on Mon Jun 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT