Lost redo log - NOARCHIVELOG

From: Jay Ramadorai <jayr_at_softwarebuilders.com>
Date: 1997/06/03

I have a NOARCHIVELOG database with three log groups each with one member. The one file in the second group had and has an I/O error that crashed the database. Can't open the database now. I've tried a few things like dropping/clearing the logfile/group/member etc but to no avail. The bad file is needed for "the crash recovery of thread 1". I've now taken a backup of controlfile to trace. Can I edit the script, remove the reference to the bad logfile from the create controlfile reuse database xxxx resetlogs statement and run it or is that going to screw things up even more? Do I have any other options? All the datafiles are intact. Only one redo log has an I/O error. Don't want to go to last cold backup. Don't mind losing incomplete transactions. Don't mind inconsistent data. Only one transaction was running and it wasn't doing anything important. Low activity db. Thanks in advance.
Jay Ramadorai
jayr_at_softwarebuilders.com Received on Tue Jun 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT