Re: Oracle, PL/SQL to Visual C++ ?

From: Emil Hahn Pedersen <ehp_at_ramboll.dk>
Date: 1997/06/03

Sure!

All you have to do is to get your hands on a version of Pro*C. Which version depends on your database and VC++ versions. Basically Pro*C is a pre-compiler which interprets a specific set of Oracle SQL statements written in your c/c++ source. This approach use native sql*net whithout any layers (i.e. ODBC).

The alternative to Pro*C is Oracle OCI (Oracle Call Interface) which is a set of C functions through which you access your database. Though being a lot more complicated, by using OCI you are producing "true" c programs

Best regards.

Emil Hahn Pedersen

Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk> wrote in article <0YN5yCAYqojzEwro_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>...