Re: Oracle, PL/SQL to Visual C++ ?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/06/03

In article <rick.68.00193F3F_at_onramp.net>, Rick Brown <rick_at_onramp.net> writes
Rick,

Thanks for your reply. I'm feeling a little more relaxed now!

>1. You can use stored procedures with ODBC. Depending on the driver
>you use, this will range from easy to incredibly frustrating.
[snip]

Oh well, at least it sounds possible.

>2. You could use direct OCI (Oracle Call Interface) calls, or use one of the
>available wrappers for OCI. This is generally considered the
>highest-performance option, but the naked OCI API is dreadful to work
>with, even compared to bare-metal ODBC programming. Writing your own wrapper
>for it isn't too bad, however.

[snip]

Hmmm... we're keen on performance for this application...

>3. You could use the MFC version of Oracle Objects for OLE, which is one
>of the aforementioned OCI wrappers, and is available free from Oracle's
>web site.

I'll look into that.

Andy

Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request