Re: What is faster: Synonyms or Qualified names?

From: Tapio Luukkanen <vtl_at_hemuli.tte.vtt.fi>
Date: 1997/05/29

Will Kooiman <wkooiman_at_csac.com> writes:

> The time this takes is totally insignificant. If you want to get
> technical, it may be faster to fully qualify ALL object names, but I
> doubt it is measurable.

In Forms 3.0 it *did* matter, if you used row level security and had big forms with many blocks (many ~ maybe 20), and the database contained many, many users (is 400 many ?).

But I agree that in most cases it probably would not be matter much. If you have performance problems or doubts, 'tkprof' it.

Tapio Luukkanen Received on Thu May 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT