database

From: John Karr <Johncarryl_at_Sprintmail.com>
Date: 1997/05/25

I have just completed the design and development of a rather extensive web site. On one of the pages of my site there is a simple form into which viewers can enter basic data which then comes to me via  e-mail.

But now I want to take the next logical step forward. For me, that means incorporating the database concept into my web site. I would like the data (from any form at my site) to be routed directly to a database like bdase, FoxPro, Access, etc which I plan to have on my local hard drive.

First I need to design and develop the database. The second step is to ensure that the data from the form on my web site goes directly to this database. Do you have specific ideas as to how I can accomplish these two tasks?

Also, where on the WWW can I find good resources and a probably a download of dBase (4.x or 5.x); FoxPro, etc. The visual versions of these data base software would also be cool.

Thanks,
John. Received on Sun May 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT