OO4O GetFieldValue returns Zero

From: Ron Davis <red_at_synchrony.com>
Date: 1997/05/28

We are using the OO4O C++ Class Library to access the sample database.

When we call the ODynaset method GetFieldValue() on the "sal" field in the
"emp" table, the value from the FIRST record returned is 0. Values returned
from this method for the other fields are OK. Values returned for "sal" in other records are OK too.

If we call the GetFieldValue() method for another field first, then for
"sal", we get a correct value back for "sal".

We've called the MoveFirst() method to ensure the dynaset is set at a valid record, but still get the same results.

Can anyone explain what is going on?

Ron Davis
red_at_synchrony.com
www.synchrony.com Received on Wed May 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT