TRUNCATE from a stored procedure?

From: Panther <rollman_at_one.net>
Date: 1997/05/25

I have users who need to reload several large tables on a weekly basis. Currently, they truncate
each
 table and then run SQL* LOAD to load the new data. Apparently, doing a delete in a loop

takes too
 long. I'm trying to find a way to take the schema owner's password away from them,
without slowing
 down
 their reloads too much.

I know that I can't directly put a TRUNCATE command in a stored procedure, since it's a DDL
command,
 but several people have told me that there is an indirect way of calling TRUNCATE
from a stored
 procedure. However none of them can remember the details of how it is done.
If anyone can tell me
 how this might be accomplished, I'd appreciate it.

If it makes a difference, the databases are versions 7.2 and 7.3.

Please post the answer to the newsgroup, or Email me at: alan.kilivry_at_msx.ae .ge.com

Thanks! Received on Sun May 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT