Re: Oracle Database on Web

From: Bob Acker <program_at_icanect.net>
Date: 1997/05/23

Oracles wev server can create html pages from pl/sql scripts.

New: is oracle forms for the web, supposed to be full forms functionality in a Netscape or Explorer browser. I looked at beta 2 of the product and it seemed to work with the shipped applet viewer (the form is entirely a java app) but the browsers do not support this functionality untill their next release... so you must use the applet viewer.

I have not seen the production release yet.

This in my view is an exciting product, however look and feel of form is still rough as JAVA is not yet complete... however functionality seemed to be there. I tested it with a fairly complex 3 table form, doing an insert into a 4th table, and all data seemed to get where it was supposed to go.

Best wishes!

Bob Acker
Programming Resources, Inc.
Ft. Lauderdale