Re: Year 2000 problem

From: Amin Adatia <tmpaadatia_at_ptc.com>
Date: 1997/05/01

Hi!

Oracle have said that there is problem with Y2000 with v6 of the RDBMS. Also if you are using Forms 3.0 then you have some modifications to make. There Applications are supposed to to be fully compliant starting with Release 10.7 which will only run on RDBMS v7.3+

Jeff Bangle wrote:

> This is one of the reasons I keep trying to get my MIS department to
> test their year 2000 fix by actually setting a server to 1 Jan 2000 and
> running all applications. Their response is "Oracle doesn't have a year
> 2000 problem, so our Oracle applications don't."

Oracle is in the business to make money for itself much the same as IBM. It all depends on who wrote the Apps and with which tools. I think your test approach is very good. Just have another instance and try it out.

Regards

--
Amin Adatia
KnowTech Solutions Inc (	amin_at_istar.ca	(613)226-8378 )