Long raw with DynamicSQL?

From: Markus Schöpflin <schoepflin_at_ginit.de>
Date: 1997/04/29

Greetings.

Problem:
I have a table that contains a LONG RAW colum. Each element of the column has variable length.

Question:
How can I obtain the length of the element in a select/fetch using dynamic SQL? DESCRIBE SELECT LIST tells me about the datatype but not about it's length. But as I don't known it's length, I cannot allocate a buffer large enough to FETCH the data item, so my only current solution is to guess the length which isn't very nice at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Markus Schoepflin                         www:   http://www.ginit.de
GINIT Gesellschaft fuer integrierte       email: schoepflin_at_ginit.de