Personal Oracle 16Bit under Win95 ?

From: Thauer <none_at_none.de>
Date: 1997/04/28

Hi !

I have the following Problem.
There is a Application (16Bit) on MS-Windows which is going to a Database (Unix-Host) over SQLNET 2.1(16bit) for WfW.

For a demonstration for out customers we want the database on a notebook with Personal-Oracle (16 bit) because the Appl. wouldnt work with 32bit Personal-Oracle. The Notebook is installed with Windows-95.

My Problem is that Personal-Oracle would not run on Windows-95.

Does anybody have some idea or workaround ?

I tried also following but didnt worked: Installed Personal-Oracle for Win95 and configured the Listener. Installed Sqlnet 2.1 (16bit) and configured the tnsnames.ora. When i tried to connect with my apllication or Sql-Plus to the Database the prozess hangs !

Thanks in advance,

Answer to Newsgroup
or
E-Mail: thauer_at_risky.mch.sni.de Received on Mon Apr 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT