Direct access to ORACLE DB via Lotus Approach

From: Mohammed Redha Shafiee <mshafiee_at_batelco.com.bh>
Date: 1997/04/28

I wonder if someone could help me with the following.

We are running ORACLE7 version 7.3 and SQL*NET ver 2. We are trying to access an ORACLE database using Lotus Approach ver 3.02. We have managed to do that by using Microsoft ODBC.

However, our users keep complaining that the response is too slow. After some investigation we are fairly convinced that this has to do with ODBC.

With previous versions of ORACLE7 and SQL*NET ver 1 we used to be able to access a database from Lotus Approach without the need for ODBC. However with SQL*NET version 2 this does not seem to be possible.

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me if this direct access using Lotus Approach ver 3.02 and SQL*NET ver 2 and ORACLE7 ver 7.3 is possible, without the use of ODBC.

Thanks for your help in advance. Received on Mon Apr 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT