Re: ProC Question

From: Rona Crystal <r#as#crystal_at_d#as#ri.mc#as#graw-hill.com>
Date: 1997/04/23

In article <01bc4b76$d7317ca0$81a1f7c2_at_rm03772>, anpallotta_at_flashnet.it says...

>Hi there!!!
>
>My team work with ProC to build some applications in Oracle 7.1.6
>Digital Unix environment, but every executable file is VERY big (
 2900000
>bytes...), even they are linked dinamically ( or so it seems... ).
>
>We heard a rumour about shared libraries... but we don't have any doc
 about
>this feature.
>
>If someone have some suggest, please send us an e-mail!!!
>

>--
>Andrea Pallotta
>DIGITAL Italy
>Gruppo di Sviluppo ( Development Team )

Shared libraries are available when you upgrade to 7.3. May have been available in 7.2 but I'm not sure.

Before you upgrade, you should be aware of a bug that we found in ProC for 7.3. It happens when you use dynamic SQL method 4 to insert or update with arrays. We found that only the first element in the array was inserted or updated. The only way around this was to reparse the SQL statement every time even though it hadn't changed. Fix won't be availble until this fall in ProC release 2.2.4, so if you use method 4 with arrays, you might want to stick with the large executables. At least they don't affect efficiency.

--
Note: My email address has been modified to discourage unsolicited
commercial and offensive email that is sent by bulk mailers.  To