Re: sqlplus and AIX upgrade

From: Thomas Weinmann <918355_at_ovmail.kodak.com>
Date: 1997/04/22

Fiona McBride wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We run Oracle 7 on an RS/6000 that was running AIX 4.1.4, and I upgraded
> to AIX 4.2, after which trying to start sqlplus produced a "failed to
> initialise" error message including the text "sp1<lang>.mdb not found".
> I was wondering whether it had anything to do with the LANG e.v. but
> setting that to en_US or en_GB had no effect. Everything else on the
> machine worked fine, except otoolbar, which blew out with much the same
> message sqplus gave. I've since restored the pre-upgrade config from a
> mksysb, so all's working fine and the heat's off, but can anyone shed
> any light on my problem?
>
> TIA
> --
> Fiona McBride

We did the same upgrade several times without facing the problem you describe. Perhaps you forgot to install the kernel extensions in AIX that are needed by ORACLE. Some upgrade documentation that I saw did not cover this task.

Thomas

--
   /  Thomas Weinmann   C=US A=MCI P=KODAK DDA=ID=KODAK.K1740
  /  Kodak AG, IS-IVS   IBMMAIL(USEKC4HG) PROFS: K1740--KOKAG