Re: sqlplus and AIX upgrade

From: Robin Hansen <roha_at_ita.cph.dk>
Date: 1997/04/22

Fiona McBride <fionam_at_mick.demon.co.uk> wrote in article <nM+9LDAX82WzIw5B_at_mick.demon.co.uk>...
> Hi,
>
> We run Oracle 7 on an RS/6000 that was running AIX 4.1.4, and I upgraded
> to AIX 4.2, after which trying to start sqlplus produced a "failed to
> initialise" error message including the text "sp1<lang>.mdb not found".
> I was wondering whether it had anything to do with the LANG e.v. but
> setting that to en_US or en_GB had no effect. Everything else on the
> machine worked fine, except otoolbar, which blew out with much the same
> message sqplus gave. I've since restored the pre-upgrade config from a
> mksysb, so all's working fine and the heat's off, but can anyone shed
> any light on my problem?
>
> TIA
> --
> Fiona McBride

I had the same problem, but it disappeard after our sysadmin made some changes in my .profile. I am not sure what the changes were, so I include all pertaining to Oracle in my .profile -- Hope this can help.

# Oracle initializering
ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle7 # ORACLE7 initialization export ORACLE_HOME # ORACLE7 initialization ORACLE_SID=bag1 # ORACLE7 initialization export ORACLE_SID # ORACLE7 initialization NLS_LANG=american_america.US7ASCII #ORACLE7 initialization export NLS_LANG #ORACLE7 initialization
export PATH # ORACLE7 initialization
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X/lib:/usr/lib/X11:/usr/dt/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib # ORACLE7 initialization
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH # ORACLE7 initialization WGSHOST=rocky.cph.dk #ORACLE7 initialization export WGSHOST # ORACLE7 initialization

Regards,

Robin Edgar Hansen
Copenhagen Airports
roha_at_ita.cph.dk Received on Tue Apr 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT