Re: Oracle ODBC and Office 97

From: Ed Nixon <nixon_at_mail.cibc.com>
Date: 1997/04/22

I had posted a similar query in another group. Larry Elkins was kind enough to mail me this link to a MS Knowledge base article: http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q159/5/57.htm In effect the article says:
1. Define your Oracle DSN as a System DSN 2. Create a .dsn file using a text editor. (MSQuery only uses or sees file-type DSNs. The format/contents of the file:

          ODBC
DSN=theNameOfYourSystemDSN
3. Save the file as: "theNameOfYourSystemDSN.dsn". Use the quotes when saving, otherwise Windows95 will mangle the name and you'll loose the extention. Save the file, for convenience, in the default location under Program Files\Common Files\ODBC\DSN, although this is not likely required. 4. Bring up MSQuery and you should find the DSN listed by the create query wizard.
Thanks again to Larry; he went through a lot of pain and time to get this one. Regards. ...edn

 Carlos Palomino wrote in article <3356FBE4.1FB2_at_spin.com.mx>...