Re: DEV2000 debug mode

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1997/04/16

Abiy Alemu wrote:

> I'm using Developer2000 and I encountered some problems while trying to
> use it in DEBUG mode in my multi-form application.
>
> I issue this command
>
> c:\orawin95\bin\f45dbg32.exe first debug=yes
> where firste is the name of the first form (which serves as a base for
> the application). Then the debug window appears and I have only the form
> 'first' in the module node of the navigator. At this level, I can only
> make breakpoints and debug triggers in this module where as I would likz
> to use it in other modules of the application. Since it's a multi-form
> application, when I close this mode, there appears a Microsoft error message
> This application has performes an illegal operation ....
> and when I click on OK button of the error message box, the application
> goes off.

I don't think debug over multiple forms works successfully. We have only run using the 16 bit version of Forms 4.5, where you are using the 32 bit version, but the problem you are having seems very similar to the GPF problems we have always had when attempting to call one form from another while using DEBUG. We have, occasionally, got it to work, but without much consistency, although only when ALL forms being used have been generated with debug mode on.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.