Re: DEV2000 debug mode

From: Andrew Tompkins <andrewto_at_kingfish.cse.tek.com>
Date: 1997/04/16

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.970416084807.14655A-100000_at_biotec>   Abiy Alemu <abiy_at_biotec.jouy.inra.fr> writes:

> Since I should givve the name of the module to run the application in
> debug mode, I issue this command
>
> c:\orawin95\bin\f45dbg32.exe first debug=yes
> where firste is the name of the first form (which serves as a base for
> the application). Then the debug window appears and I have only the form
> 'first' in the module node of the navigator. At this level, I can only
> make breakpoints and debug triggers in this module where as I would likz
> to use it in other modules of the application. Since it's a multi-form
> application, when I close this mode, there appears a Microsoft error message
> This application has performes an illegal operation ....
> and when I click on OK button of the error message box, the application
> goes off.

I don't know what's causing the fatal error but, once you get past that, place a WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE trigger at the form module level of each module opened in the application (except 'first') and place a 'break' statement at the top of the trigger code. This forces the debug window to open when each module starts with all open modules listed. Place any additional breakpoints, triggers, etc. then either step through the rest of the WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE trigger or close the debug window by pressing the 'Go' button.

--Andy
| Andrew G. Tompkins    | #include <disclaimer.std.h> |
| Tektronix, Inc.                                     |
| Phone: (503) 627-5172      fax: (503) 627-5548      |
| email: Andrew.Tompkins_at_tek.com (work)               |
|        andytom_at_teleport.com (home)                  |
| http://www.teleport.com/~andytom/                   |