Oracle web solutions

From: Glenn Stauffer <stauffer_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1997/04/16

I have been given the task of assembling a prototype system whose goal is to provide web-based administrative solutions in an educational environment. Being my area of expertise, I am focused on Oracle as the database. Now I am trying to determine the configuration of the following elements:

My initial though is to go with a total Oracle solution running on a WindowsNT server. What are the capabilities of such a system? Limitations? Are Unix solutions more robust? Are there better choices than Oracle offers for the web server and search engine software?

Thanks for any comments.

Glenn Stauffer
Swarthmore College Received on Wed Apr 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT