Re: Data Conversion Tools

From: Keith/Loo Yah <loonkeith_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/04/09

Darren Mallette wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for tools that would simplify transferring data from one
> database design to a different design (both designs on Oracle). We are
> converting from a denormalized table structure to a normalized one and
> want to avoid writing SQL to do the conversion as much as possible. I
> would appreciate hearing from you if you have experience in similar
> projects.
>
> Thanks,
> -Darren
>
> Darren Mallette
> www.geocities.com/HotSprings/7490

Hi,

If you have minimal to no need for data manipulation while doing the conversion, I would sugest using Smart Db Workbench by Smart Corporation. However, if there are more involved data manipulation and time is of a concern, then it might be as good an idea...

Keith Received on Wed Apr 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT