Re: [ANN] 4D -> Oracle

From: Frederic Bouquet <fbouquet_at_cornut.fr>
Date: 1997/04/03

Steven Hill,steven_at_compcat.com,CINet writes: <<
I'm a heavy 4D developer and I'm currently adding Oracle to my offerings so I look for to reviewing/trying your products. I'm downloading the pdfs first to read through, but at this time, can you give me a brief comparison of your product vis-a-vis Acius "4D for Oracle".

Very hard question because we don't know "4D for Oracle" in detail.  -There is no 'context' in our API.
 -Once you have developped your 4D application with our API, you can connect your 4D application to Informix, Oracle, Ingres, Progress.  -The interface are exactly the same on 4D Mac and 4D Windows. For the time being ACI doesn't provide the same Programming interface on both system.

<<
  Can your sql query product be used within 4D?

Sorry no, Eclipse query is an indepedant product

<<
By the way, why don't you also post announcments to the 4d-nug mailing list and the new 4d usergroups (to subscribe to each check out www.fsti.com and www.asg.com). I'm sure users in those groups would be interested in your offerings as well.

I'll check that today, thanks a lot

Thanks

--->> On our site a SHAREWARE SQL Query Tool <<------- --->> & a middleware much faster than SQL*Net <<-------

Frederic BOUQUET             Client/Server & SQL RDBMS
email: fbouquet@cornut.fr       http://www.cornut.fr/