Forms 4.5/Dev 2000 "How to implement FIND/SEARCH Dialog in Forms 4.5" ???

From: Jens U. Veigel <jens_at_deutschware.com>
Date: 1997/04/08

Hi Pro's

Like to (Actually need to) implement a FIND/SEARCH feature (in a pop up dialogbox or in a text field) for finding/searching data in an already displayed querry. I understand I probably need to re-querry, etc , but I don't seem to find a build in function for this. Is there something that comes with forms 4.5 that I can use to find/search... for data that is in displayed columns. My problem is that it takes to long to scroll through querries in forms. Do I need to turn on buffering ?? Like to use the search feature to "jump" to the row where the matching data e.g. 695%..... or 695* has been found.

Thanks for all your help.

Jens

jens_at_deutschware.com     Received on Tue Apr 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT