Re: Calling C libraries from PL/SQL?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/07

Jonathan Bellack wrote:

  I think this was just asked, but I only saw the end of the   discussion so I
  missed the actual question + answer.

  I'm planning an Oracle<->Web app and want to do the bulk of   development
  via PL/SQL stored procedures. I'm using OpenMarket's commerce   tools,
  which have a C API. Is there anyway to make these C calls from   within a
  PL/SQL stored procedure?

  AFAIK, using database pipes or alerts is the only way to trigger external C code in Oracle 7.x. This will change with Oracle 8...

In the meantime, if you want to integrate Oracle with Web technology and do most of your development in PL/SQL, have a look at Oracle Web Server - it comes complete with a PL/SQL agent.

Steve Phelan. Received on Mon Apr 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT