Re: WG install on solaris 2.5.1 IIS patched x86 platform

From: Michael Wilson <michael_at_ebay.com>
Date: 1997/04/06

On Solaris 2.5.1 for Sparcs, the IIS patch is the center of all evil in the universe as far as Oracle is concerned ;-).

Seriously, though, we had the exact same problems you had, and eventually just took the patch out entirely. Examination of the kernel dumps hinted that the problem might be with Oracle's use of asynchronous I/O and this patch, but
the way the Wg install works, it wasn't clear it would be easy to turn off
the use of asynchrnous I/O during the install.

It's a shame, too, since this patch reportedly has a dramatic impact on Solaris's
Web performance.