Re: WG install on solaris 2.5.1 IIS patched x86 platform

From: Craig Shaver <craig_at_ProGroup.com>
Date: 1997/04/08

Michael Wilson wrote:

> On Solaris 2.5.1 for Sparcs, the IIS patch is the center of all evil in
> the universe as far as Oracle is concerned ;-).
>
> Seriously, though, we had the exact same problems you had, and
> eventually just took the patch out entirely. Examination of the kernel
> dumps hinted that the problem might be with Oracle's use of asynchronous
> I/O and this patch, but
> the way the Wg install works, it wasn't clear it would be easy to turn
> off
> the use of asynchrnous I/O during the install.
>
> It's a shame, too, since this patch reportedly has a dramatic impact on
> Solaris's
> Web performance.

Yes, this suggestion allowed me to complete the workgroup installation. Another email response suggested that the motif install would not work at all. That seems to be true too. I installed using a patched version of the scripts that allowed me to use the orainst.cm to do the complete installation -- sans IIS.

> > Thanks for any help,

Double thanks,

--
Craig Shaver  (craig_at_progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088