Re: :ORA-01000 (too many open cursors)

From: Discart Miguel <discart_at_fpms.fpms.ac.be>
Date: 1997/04/05

Angelito Dizon wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Apr 1997 20:24:56 +0100,
> Eric Hartzenberg <eric_at_erichome.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Single forms with lots of functionality (many blocks,lookups etc) can
> >eat up your allocation of cursors pretty quickly. Particularly if the
> >user keeps the form open all day (order-entry form , for example). Maybe
> >you could put infrequently used features in subordinate forms. Closing
> >these sub-forms releases the cursors associated with blocks.
>
> How critical is this situation? A DBA once told me that this is not a big
> deal. Simply increase the number of maximum cursors in the configuration
> file. This will consume more memory but not enough to affect performance.
> How valid do you think is this reasoning?
Not bad in one way ... But the problem is only put on the side for a moment. If I don't know why I get the error how can I be sure I didn't get it the same way later ...

But i'll give it a tery anyway (thanks for the help)

> Lito
>
> Lito Dizon
> adizon_at_us.net

Regards,
	Miguel Discart
Discart Miguel - Centre de Calcul et Traitement de l'Information
Faculte Polytechnique de Mons
7000 MONS
BELGIUM
E-MAIL : discart_at_fpms.ac.be             Phone : + 32 65/37-41-01
Home Page : http://www.fpms.ac.be/~discart (under construction)