Re: :ORA-01000 (too many open cursors)

From: Angelito Dizon <adizon_at_mail.us.net>
Date: 1997/04/02

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997 20:24:56 +0100,
Eric Hartzenberg <eric_at_erichome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Single forms with lots of functionality (many blocks,lookups etc) can
>eat up your allocation of cursors pretty quickly. Particularly if the
>user keeps the form open all day (order-entry form , for example). Maybe
>you could put infrequently used features in subordinate forms. Closing
>these sub-forms releases the cursors associated with blocks.

How critical is this situation? A DBA once told me that this is not a big deal. Simply increase the number of maximum cursors in the configuration file. This will consume more memory but not enough to affect performance. How valid do you think is this reasoning?

Lito

Lito Dizon
adizon_at_us.net Received on Wed Apr 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST