LIVE html question

From: Ken Ford <ken_at_cais.cais.com>
Date: 1997/03/31

Hello all:

I need some help. I have written a set of tools in JavaScript. I will need to use these tools in several html files. To make the management of the JavaScript easy, I thought I would use the LIVE html tag include to "include" the JavaScript in each html file. To test this, I created two simple html documents to see if I could the contents of one document inside the other. I could not get it to work.

Following are copies of the important files.

The web server is Oracle Web Server 2.0 for NT 4.0.

First the listener app file:

.
.
.
[SSI]
EnableLiveHTML     = TRUE
ParseHTMLExtn      = TRUE
EnableExecTag      = TRUE
ExtensionList 	   = html shtml lhtml htm

Next the two html files.

includemain.htm:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Include Main Window</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

The following is the include.......

<!--#include file="includefile1.htm"-->

</BODY>
</HTML>

includefile1.htm:

Include file 1 text

I would expect this to produce:

The following is the include....... Include file 1 text

However, the only thing I get is:

The following is the include.......

Could someone that has gotten LIVE html to work please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

...Ken

--

Kenneth C. Ford (Ken)        |  I love deadlines.  I like the whooshing
ken_at_cais.com                 |  sound they make as they fly by.