Oracle7 Workgroup + ODBC + VC++1.5

From: <jlin_at_verilink.com>
Date: 1997/03/31

I used MFC ODBC class to lock an Oracle 7 Workgroup database, i.e., SetLockingMode(pessimistic). It complained "Assertion Failed". I tried both Oracle ODBC driver and Intersolv ODBC driver but got the same result. However, there is no problem for SetLockingMode(optimistic). I called Microsoft tech support and was told that those ODBC drivers used didn't support pessimistic locking mode. I strongly doubt it. Could anybody give some hints on how to lock a recordset in this environment? Thanks. Received on Mon Mar 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CST