Re: migrating to webserver

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/24

Franz Maruna wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a demo of how this exisiting manufacuting software
> developer can migrate their base database package to an Intranet setup.
> Oracle spews on and on about how you can jsut generate HTML from
> developer/2000 and run it on the webserver. Well I've installed
> webserver and can access my data, but I can't find anything under
> developer about generating for the web. Neither reports or forms gives
> you any options when genereating at all and changing DESTYPE in a report
> to "html" didn't do it, (just a guess on my part). I feel like I need a
> manual, book, or mentor to help me through this.. PLEASE someone point
> me in the right direction or I'll starve to death.
>
> -email responce welcome icim_at_infinet.com

I recently saw a demo of the module which lets you run Oracle Forms applications in a browser (Netscape, MSIE, etc.) if that's what you mean..? I was informed by Oracle that the product - basically a java based Forms runtime interpreter - was still in Beta, but was available to those who request it. Suggest you give Oracle a call. (You also *might* have to upgrade your version of Webserver, again Oracle can advise.)

Steve Phelan. Received on Mon Mar 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CST