Re: How to debug PACKAGES ?

From: Martyn Cavett <cavett_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/20

Hi Roberto -

Assuming your getting run-time errors here, not compilation errors. Then the place to look for your code is in the data dictionary table: ALL_SOURCE or USER_SOURCE depending on if the object owner is running the package or not.

From memory the structure of ALL_SOURCE has a (LONG) column called TEXT, which contains the text of your package source code as stored in the database. (See ORACLE's 'Server Application Developer's Guide' for further details)

Hopefully, this will give you the info. your looking for!!

Unfortunately, ORACLE is not the nicest product when it comes to debugging, so don't relie on the line numbers to point you to the correct line as the error might be somewhere else. I suggest embedding error flags in the code and then using dbms_output to show how far you're actually getting in the code till it drops through. Just a suggestion . . .

I haven't seen the error you mentioned. Sorry! (Maybe give ORACLE a call directly?)

Hope this has helped.

Roberto Finelli <robertof_at_sofiter.atlink.it> wrote in article <333102B7.37A9_at_sofiter.atlink.it>...