Re: Cannot drop package

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/20

Try

set long 1000
select sql_text, users_executing, parsing_user_id from v$sqlarea
where upper(sql_text) like '%PACKAGE_NAME%';

replacing PACKAGE_NAME with the name of your package in uppercase.

If this returns users_executing > 0, then try

select usename
from all_users
where userid = <parsing_user_id from previous select>

This might be the user locking the package on you, it depends whether multiple users have executed the package.

Hope this helps
Rob

Subject: Cannot drop package
From: Louis Van Helden <loekvanh_at_h2net.net> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:11:02 -0700

I am attemting to replace (or drop) a PL/SQL package, but whenever I try this in SQL*Plus my system locks up (tried SQL*Plus under Win95 and UNIX). As far as I can tell no one else is currently using this package, but everything points to a lock on this package. How can I see this?

How can I drop or recreate this package?

Louis Van Helden
BMS Denver Received on Thu Mar 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST