Re: Cannot drop package

From: Louis Van Helden <loekvanh_at_h2net.net>
Date: 1997/03/20

L120bj wrote:

> Try
>
> set long 1000
> select sql_text, users_executing, parsing_user_id
> from v$sqlarea
> where upper(sql_text) like '%PACKAGE_NAME%';
>
> replacing PACKAGE_NAME with the name of your package in uppercase.
>
> If this returns users_executing > 0, then try
>
> select usename
> from all_users
> where userid = <parsing_user_id from previous select>
>
> This might be the user locking the package on you, it depends whether
> multiple users have executed the package.
>
> Hope this helps
> Rob

Thanks,

It helped find the user that was locking the package, however it turns out to be the Oracle Web Agent that is locking the package. I have tried restarting the Web listener without result. If nothing else works I may have to stop and restart the database.

Any suggestions?

Louis Received on Thu Mar 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST