Re: Execute C program from database trigger

From: RYoung <ryoung_at_summer.dbsol.com>
Date: 1997/03/13

I've seen people use dbms_pipe() to control a script that can call a C/Fortran/etc program, but I dont know if it can return information this way.

UTL_FILE is a package in PLSQL that allows for PLSQL to read/write operating system files. This would give you a way of transferring the information into say, a PLSQL 'table'.

You might also have the C program store the information it is returning into a temporary table inside the database using ProC from Oracle. The PLSQL could access it directly.

You would only then have to sync the two which could be done in a number of ways . ...

Robert Cordingley <cord_at_ragesoft.com> wrote in article <332a3274.28553892_at_news2.brainstorm.net>...