Re: Execute C program from database trigger

From: RYoung <ryoung_at_summer.dbsol.com>
Date: 1997/03/14

Here is the desciption of a package available from http://govt.us.oracle.com/govt/owa

 PLEX, The PL/SQL
 EXtender

                          Preface
                          We developed PLEX in response to an
ever-increasing
                          demand for access to foreign data sources from
within
                          PL/SQL stored procedures. Our goal was to outline
a means
                          of calling C routines from within PL/SQL without
the need for
                          any special software from Oracle. After we
discovered a
                          means of accomplishing this task, we tried to
simplify it by
                          automating the process as much as possible. PLEX
is the
                          result of this effort. .................

Lee Ewertz <ewertzld_at_usano.ksc.nasa.gov> wrote in article <3326E41B.5F28_at_usano.ksc.nasa.gov>...