Re: Help with running CATPROC.SQL??

From: Robert Cordingley <cord_at_ragesoft.com>
Date: 1997/03/12

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997 20:19:51 -0500, oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com> wrote:

>> The documentation for Personal Oracle7 says that I must submit
>> CATPROC.SQL as SYS in order to use procedures and packages.
>This should work. I have never done it on a PC but it should be the
>same as any other OS.

The only real difference between running it on a PC and running it on a real operating system is that the directory structure changes significantly. Generally, Oracle is installed (on NT) in C:\ORANT or D: or whatever. Under that, the directory names vary depending on the version of the database that's installed....if you're using 7.3, then the script in question (catproc) would be in C:\ORANT\RDBMS73\ADMIN\CATPROC.SQL or in C:\ORAWIN\RDBMS73\ADMIN\CATPROC.SQL if you're using Win95 (poor you, in that case).

The real statement that wants making is that I'm pretty sure you don't have to run CATPROC manually anymore...not since 7.2 at least. To check it out, log in (using sqlplus) and type:

BEGIN NULL; END;
/

If sqlplus responds with:

Then you already have the procedural stuff installed and you really don't need to worry about anything.

                                Robert

PS: sorry for the OS bigotry but I can't help it. 8] Received on Wed Mar 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST