Re: Help with running CATPROC.SQL??

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/03/10

------------6AD18C270975

greg teets wrote:

> The documentation for Personal Oracle7 says that I must submit
> CATPROC.SQL as SYS in order to use procedures and packages.
> When I do that, I get the following error:
>
> Bind variable "CATPROC" not declared
>
> Would someone please let me know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Make sure you run it with either "@" or "start". That is:

SQLDBA> @catproc
  or
SQLDBA> start catproc

This should work. I have never done it on a PC but it should be the same as any other OS.

------------6AD18C270975

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>greg teets wrote:<BR>

&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; The documentation for Personal Oracle7 says that I must submit<BR>
&gt; CATPROC.SQL as SYS in order to use procedures and packages.<BR>
&gt; When I do that, I get the following error:<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Bind variable &quot;CATPROC&quot; not declared<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Would someone please let me know how to fix this?<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Thanks,<BR>
&gt; Greg<BR>

<BR></DT>

<DT>Make sure you run it with either &quot;@&quot; or &quot;start&quot;.&nbsp;
That is:</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>SQLDBA&gt; @catproc</DT>

<DT>&nbsp; or</DT>

<DT>SQLDBA&gt; start catproc</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>This should work.&nbsp; I have never done it on a PC&nbsp;but it should
be the same as any other OS.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>