Re: Macro definition in Pro*C header file

From: Almut Herzog <al-her_at_sectra.se>
Date: 1997/03/10

Miao Wei Shan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Pro*C file that includes a header file. Inside the header file I
> define a macro first, then define an include statement as:
>
> #define MEMINCLUDE <memory.h>
> #include MEMINCLUDE
>
> When I compile, I encounter error message from Pro*C precompiler:
>
> Preprocessor error at line 244, column 10, file ../../datamover/tputdefs.h:
> #include MEMINCLUDE
> .........1
> (1) PCC-S-02015, unable to open include file
>
> This error message appears 3 times.
>
> Can I have any idea how to let Pro*C recognize the macro?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Miao Wei Shan
> wsmiao_at_d2k.com.sg

Guess that depends on which version of Pro*C you are using. In Pro*C 2.1 and later you should look at the precompiler option PARSE and set it to FULL (hope FULL is the right value, I do not have the manual at hand). But then you cannot use C++-code.

--
Almut Herzog
SECTRA-Imtec AB                     e-mail: al-her_at_sectra.se