Re: Moving Indexes to a different tablespace

From: Vikram Goel <vgoel_at_emi.net>
Date: 1997/03/05

Bhasker,

The steps to move the indexes to their own tablespace can be achived easily. First drop your primary keys, then create explicit indexes (name them) for your primary keys using the 'use index' clause, within this clause use the tablespace sub clause to specify the tablespace name. The same method for unique indexes. To determine the current index names, query the dba_constraints view.

Hope this helps.

Bhaskar Ghosh <bhaskar_g1_at_verifone.com> wrote:

>I want to move indexes of my schema from one tablespace to another, I
>did an export of the User and then imported the exported file into an
>Indexfile. What I see is all the Table creation scripts are commented
>out. But there are no scripts to create indexes. Can anyone help me with
>some suggestion. Except one index all my other indexes are created as a
>result of a Primary Key or Unique Constraint.
>--
> Bhaskar Ghosh
> Technical Support Engineer
> Verifone Inc, SFO
> e-mail : bhaskar_g1_at_verifone.com
> Phone # : 415 598 5661 (Daytime)

---
Vikram Goel         vgoel_at_emi.net  (H)
Sr. Oracle DBA      vgoel_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us (O).
 & Oracle Performance Analyst. Consultant
vgoel_at_emi.net

**Life is short have to run,run,eun. **