Connecting to NT Database, via Novell session?

From: Kenton <kjho_at_novice.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: 1997/03/01

Hi...

I will be hooking up an NT server with an NT Oracle database to an existing Novell network, via IPX/SPX.

What I would like to do is keep the existing Novell configuration, and to simply setup SQLNet via Easy Configuration on IPX/SPX to read the database from NT from machines logged into Novell. (So things look seemless from the users point of view... sort of like magic).

Is doing this as simple as described above?

Since I will be doing this on site at a client location, without the availability of testing an NT/Novell/Oracle on NT configuration before hand, is there any advice which can be provided? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks for any help!

Kenton Received on Sat Mar 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST